Hop To It Productions President, Susan Nation, is excited to be attending MIPCOM in Cannes again to pitch her sizzling new slate, followed by the Bilbao Festival to celebrate Sloppy Jones Award nominations, thanks to Ontario Creates and the CMF.
MIPCOM, the 38th International Co-Production & Entertainment Content Market, is the world’s greatest gathering of television and media professionals and the most anticipated week in the industry’s global calendar. From October 15-19, thousands of decision makers, creators, stars, producers and distributors from over 100 countries converge on Cannes, France, the world capital of the red-carpet, to sell and compete for new series, to source international production partnerships and to set the development agenda for 2022 and beyond.
Susan Nation went looking for distribution opportunities for completed Season 1 of our award-winning queer slasher comedy Sloppy Jones, financing for a bigger Season 2 and a Sloppy Halloween Feature, and the possibilities for a format. The timing is right for LGBTQ+ representation behind and in front of the camera, especially in the camp slasher comedy genre, which has been rare to date.
Kids, Tweens and Teens Content
Susan will be looking for potential partners on 3 Projects:
- Preschool animated series Petronie (Pet’s Pets)
- Tween/Teen live-action musical comedy Northern Nightingales.
- Kids’ live-action documentary series 20 x 5 mins Green Heroes Jr. highlighting kids and teens making a difference including award-winning short Cailan to the Rescue.
Susan will be looking for partners on several dog and wildlife documentaries:
- Fragments of Hope about rewilding coral reefs.
- MegaShark Mysteries – surprising facts about and encounters with the world’s biggest sharks.
- Fatal Attraction? Women who swim with sharks. Why do they take the risks they do and how dangerous is it?
- Baby Animal Rescue Adventures – Belize – getting adorable endangered baby monkeys, manatees, crocs, turtles and jaguars into the wild.
- Hope Unleashed – a social experiment documentary about the C.O.P.E. service dog training program in classrooms.
- Animal Rescue Adventures (Cailan to the Rescue)
Bilabo Seriesland is a webseries celebration in Bilbao, Spain October 19-22 with the best panels, international industry judges and over 40 awards, providing a lot of opportunities for filmmakers, including PR, distribution deals and in-kind prizes.
The festival also includes Bilbao Web Market, the first market in Spain which is specifically dedicated to web series professionals who want to make deals during the festival.
Susan Nation attended the Screenings and the wonderful Red Carpet and Awards Ceremony at the Guggenheim, and we won a beautiful Wolf for Best Director.
She also participated in a Co-Production Forum, Case Studies, One to One meetings, Screenings, and Producer Round Tables. She spoke about Women in Web Series.
Sloppy Jones was nominated in the following AMETS categories:
- Best Series (Unstoppable)
- Best Filmmaker
- Best Ensemble Cast